Mother’s Day is quickly approaching! As a mom I love flowers and chocolate and birth stone jewelry but those things aren’t what I need. If you’re shopping around for the perfect mother’s day gift or you’re a mom yourself and you need to subtly hint at some great ideas to your spouse and loved ones, look no further than this ultimate self care gift guide!
This post contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission from anything you purchase, at no extra cost to you. Read my disclaimer.
KITS & BOXES
As a mom and entrepreneur I don’t have a lot of time on my hands. This generally means that I neglect to go out and buy myself things I really want and need. Plus I’m not always ready to drag my toddler around town!
That’s why self-care kits and subscription boxes are absolutely perfect for mother’s day gifts! Anything that helps me pamper myself without leaving the house sounds like a huge mom win.
If you haven’t heard of the FabFitFun subscription box before, you’re missing out! They deliver seasonal boxes (4 times a year) and inside you’ll find goodies from fashion, fitness, wellness and beauty items. These boxes are perfectly curated for the season and offer the latest trends. The best part about FabFitFun in my opinion is that you aren’t just getting samples like in a lot of subscription boxes, you’re getting full, awesome, beautiful things you’ll absolutely love.
An absolute new favorite of mine, the Pampered Mommy Box is an amazing gift for any mom. What I love the most about them is that they offer different kinds of boxes. So you have typical mom self care boxes at different prices. But then they also offer boxes for specific events like baby showers, anniversaries and birthdays. So this gift is super customize-able and is really great for any occasion.
Etsy is by far my favorite place to buy gift sets of all kinds. Whether you’re looking for something for a new mom, a mom who’s home with a bunch of little ones or a mompreneur, the gift sets below would be perfect for any mom’s self care routine!
- The New Mom Spa Gift Set by MeadowlarkBotanical
- The ‘She believed She Could and So She Did’ Motivational Gift by VictoriaNaturals
- The Relaxation Spa Gift Box by Gorgeous Soap
- The Simple Pamper Gift by PeaceOrganics
- The Personalized Spa Gift Basket by ModParty
I just want to read more! Reading more books is on my resolution list and I plan to stick to it. I talk to so many moms who would love to add to their book collection, especially books focusing on self care, motherhood and business.
I’ve compiled a list of my top faves! Everything on this list I’ve either read myself, am currently reading or has been highly recommended to me.
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Going Beyond Mom: How To Activate Your Mind, Body and Business After Baby by Randi Zinn
- Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters! by Rachel Macy Stafford
- Busy Mom’s Guide to Creativity: A self-care workbook for moms who want to infuse their creative interests into their daily lives by Bev Feldman
- Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
We all know every mom is either addicted to tea or coffee. So what better way to remind yourself or the mom in your life to practice self care than to put it on a mug?
- Grow Through what you Go Through Coffee Cup by MilkandHoneyLuxuries
- She Believed She Could So She Did Mug by WhiteLilyGallery
- You Can’t Pour From An Empty Cup Coffee Mug by Sweetloudesigns
- Breathe Mindfulness Mug by ElevateAndFly
- Be Good To Yourself Coffee Mug by CupACheer
- Invest in Rest Coffee Mug by HannahsHankerings
- #MomLife Mug (Mommy Motivator Shop)
- Mommy Fuel Mug (Mommy Motivator Shop)
- Motivated by Coffee Mug (Mommy Motivator Shop)
Nothing has ever been more effective at eliminating my anxiety and helping me through problems like writing it all down and assessing why I feel the way I do. There’s a reason journaling has become common in many people’s self care routines. It’s very effective! I’m a huge proponent of moms utilizing journals as a daily strategy in coping with stress and gaining clarity.
I don’t think there’s a wrong way to go with journals but if you’re buying one for someone else, make sure you take things like their routine, their needs and their color/organizational preferences into account before buying one. That might sound a little crazy but remember that this journal is supposed to be something she’ll want to look at and write in every single day, so it needs to be motivating for her!
Here are a few of my personal favorite picks.
- The Mood Booster Journal by MoodBoosterJournal
- Self Care Notebook by CSheehanArt
- Bloom Lovely Journal
- Self Care Journal And Affirmation Card Gift Pack by TheHappiEmpire
- Feelings: A Mood Journal by SylvieCeres